Friday, August 28, 2009

Tuna Tostito Salad

So I had some random stuff in the house and decided to create a salad to cover my tuna requirement for the week. :)

It's kind of a cross between a taco salad and a regular veggie salad I guess. Just random. I'm sure you could add different veggies if you wanted but like I said, I used what I had on hand. :)

Tasted good though I'd probably classify it almost more in the nacho category and we were half wondering what would happen if we have heated it all up? Anyone want to try it and let me know?
So for your enjoyment,
The recipe:

I'll call it Tuna Tostito Salad (serves 2)

Ingredients:
1 - 7 ounce can tuna (Skip Jack - low mercury)
3 - radishes (chopped)
1/4 of a cucumber, diced
1/8 tsp powdered garlic
4 tbsp Sour Cream
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
Approximately 1/2 bag of Tostitos rounds
Cheddar Cheese to taste (Shredded)

Directions:
1) In a bowl mix together tuna, radishes, cucumber, garlic powder, sour cream, and lettuce.
2) On a plate place Tostitos and top with tuna mixture.
3) Add Cheddar Cheese on top as you desire.

Very yummy and easy!
:) Enjoy!

You may also want to consider breaking up the chips to make it more salad like but this of course depends how lazy you are. Also a bowl might make this easier to eat since it slid around the plate a bit but it was very tasty despite this problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment