Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuna Tacos

So I had an appointment with the dietitian last week and apparently pregnant women are supposed to eat low mercury sources of fish twice a week, every week!

Personally I have never been a "fish" person. I just don't care for the taste. Pre-pregnancy I would eat the occasional shrimp on New Years and about once a month I might eat some tuna casserole or some other form of hidden fish. :)

Unfortunately tuna casserole gets repetative really fast if you eat it twice a week so I've had to come up with alternative ways to eat tuna. If anyone has more ideas I'd love to hear them!

So far this week is planned. Tonight I made Tuna Tacos. It turned out pretty good. As you can see from the picture I had 3 tacos but unfortunately hunger got the best of me before I had a chance to take a picture so there are 2.5 tacos pictured. :)

Here is the recipe for your enjoyment! Personally I didn't find it very filling so it might be good to serve it with some veggies or something. :)

Tuna Tacos (serves 2) :
14oz (400g) bag of Preshredded Coleslaw mix
1 - 6oz can Tuna (Skip Jack in water for you pregos :))
1/3 Cup Tomato Salsa
1/3 Cup Mayo
6 Taco Shells

1) In a bowl mix together Tuna and Salsa.
2) In another bowl mix together Coleslaw mix and mayo.
3) Fill Taco shells with Tuna mixture and top with coleslaw mix.
4) Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment