Monday, August 31, 2009

Pasta Beef Salad

So we had some food left over in the fridge as usual and lettuce is one of those things that you can't really leave sitting for more than a few days or it goes brown way too fast!

So I looked up some recipes for lettuce and then one inspired me to come up with this! :)

So for your enjoyment, a still unofficially named recipe that I thought was really really good. I couldn't wait to put it up. However, I am pregnant so sometimes my taste buds may lie. :) My husband gave it 9.5 out of 10 though so that's a good sign!

I'll call it "Pasta Beef Salad" - GF

Ingredients:
1/2 large head iceberg lettuce
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 green bell pepper, seeded & finely diced
1/2 carrot, finely diced
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 1/2 cup rotini style noodles (I used Tinkyada Spirals)
1 1/2 Tbsp Tamari (I used Koyo Wheat Free Tamari)

Directions:
1) Cook pasta and set aside.
2) Wash and shred lettuce into salad type pieces. I used a knife and chopped it. :)
3) In a wok or heavy skillet, stir-fry beef, and garlic powder until beef is cooked.
4) Remove beef from heat, set aside.
5) Add peppers, carrot and onion to pan and stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
6) Add beef to vegetable mixture and add Tamari. Stir fry until Tamari is absorbed.
7) Transfer mixture to plates. I decided to add lettuce on the bottom, noodles next and top with ground beef mixture but if you want you could just mix it all together too. :)
8) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment