Unfortunately I had the flu last week so I didn't get much cooking done but the pregnancy hormonal cooking has continued this week.
In this post I've included a couple of recipes for what I'd consider to be snacks but of course you could serve the peaches as dessert and the french fries a side. :)
These are fairly simple recipes this time around but the post to follow this will include some more cooking again.
French fries, since they're a bit more "dinner" than dessert.
Oven Fried French Fries
2 medium-sized potatoes
1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
1/4 tsp each salt, pepper
1) Slice each potato in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 5 or 6 wedges. Place in a large bowl. Cover with hot tap water. Let stand 10 minutes. This will give the fries a crunchy outside and soft creamy inside.
2) While potatoes are soaking, move oven rack to lowest level. Preheat oven to 475F. Drain potatoes. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix to evenly coat. Spread out on a baking sheet. Roast, uncovered, on bottom rack of preheated oven for 10 minutes. Check fries. If they're browning at edges, use a spatula to turn. Continue roasting until golden, 5 to 10 more minutes.
For "dessert" - Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar
4 Peaches (cut in half and pitted)
1) Turn on George Foreman Grill to medium heat. Using a pastry brush, coat each peach with olive oil on both sides.
2) Place peaches on the grill with pit whole side down.
3) Cook each peach 5 to 10 minutes on each side, checking occasionally. Cook until browned.
4) Drizzle with brown sugar and serve!