Some people refer to it as Indian Summer. At any rate the fall weather is a very good excuse to make some nice warm and hardy soup!
Hubby and I both enjoyed this warm creation served with some toasted, buttered gluten free bread. This recipe can be adapted for crock pot I'm sure as well but in this case we were too hungry to wait! :)
Potato Bacon Soup
1 onion (medium sized)
4 pieces of bacon, chopped
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups gluten free chicken broth (I used El Peto gf bouillon)
1 tbsp corn starch
2 cups milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1) Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
2) Add onion and bacon and cook for 1 minute.
3) Add potatoes and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
4) Add stock to the potato mixture.
5) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6) Blend Corn Starch in half a cup of milk, then once blended add remaining milk and mix. Slowly pour mixture into the soup. Increase heat and stir constantly until soup boils and thickens.
7) Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
8) Season to taste with black pepper.
9) Enjoy! Serve with gluten free bread or crackers! :)