Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mexican Goulash

I promise I'm not really a terrible blogger. I just get frustrated when I start typing something and it all disappears! When this happened twice in a row I decided to take a break and come back later. Who would have known that later would mean October?!

Anyway, it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. My husband and I aren't celebrating traditionally this year because of my aversion to Turkey thanks to the pregnancy. On top of that it's a 3 1/2 hour drive to my parents' place where Thanksgiving is being held and we're going there next weekend anyway. So we'll probably be having ham for "Thanksgiving" with them next weekend which suits me just fine.

I have been cooking actually quite a lot since September so I do have more recipes to post just haven't had a lot of time to post them. Head seems to be in babyland at this point. I'm sure this will get worse before it gets better. lol.

Anyway, I figured I'd post my "Mexican Goulash" today and since this is a long weekend, perhaps I'll have enough time to get caught up on the other recipe postings as well. :)

Mexican Goulash

Ingredients:

1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups chicken broth (I make mine from El Peto chicken bouillion powder)
1 large zucchini cut into cubes.
1 (15 ounce) can Kidney beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup medium salsa (read labels to check for gluten)

1) Brown meat with garlic powder in a frying pan. (You can also brown onions if desired)
2) While meat is browning add remaining ingredients to a crock pot.
3) Add meat to crock pot when browned.
4) Cook 4 to 6 hours on high.
5) Enjoy!

This recipe should serve approximately 4 people but it always depends on appetite around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment