Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pork Lo Mein

So being gluten free doesn't make it very easy to find chinese take out at all which at times, especially when you're pregnant, can feel kind of depressing so when I found a recipe online for "so easy pork Lo Mein" on foodgeeks.com I thought this could be good!!

Anyway, unfortunately/ fortunately I didn't have most of the vegetables included in the recipe and I'm even a bit lazier than the recipe calls you to be when they call it "so easy" so veggies and cooking times have been modified. I might go so far as to say that it's almost a completely different recipe but I'll leave that up to you to decide. :) Here's the original link:
http://foodgeeks.com/recipes/recipe/19206, so_easy_pork_and_vegetable_lo_mein.phtml

The picture of course is what my creation looked like based on what I had on hand in our kitchen at the time. :)

So without further ado. . .

Pork Lo Mein

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. GF fettuccine, cooked and drained (I used 100% rice Rizopia Fettuccine)
1 lb. pork chops
1 med. onion, sliced in wedges
1/4 tsp powdered garlic
2 cups shredded cabbage - the bagged mix
1 cup sliced carrot (dollar style)
1 sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Tamari (Koyo Wheat Free)

Directions:
1) De-bone & Cook chops on George Foreman grill. (If you don't have a George Foreman fry them in oil until heated through.) Cut pork up into strips when cooked.
2) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet or wok.
3) Saute onion, garlic, cabbage, carrots and peppers until crisp tender. Add more oil if needed.
4) Add fettucine to cooked veggies in the pan. Stir in Tamari and add
pork pieces to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
5) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment