Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuna Casserole & Vegetable Tofu Stirfry

So it's been a few days anyway since I last updated this. I'm not great at getting new posts done. This has always been a problem I've had with blogs but I'm still better at getting recipes up than diary style stuff. :)

So, I thought I'd include a couple recipes in this one. This is from Sunday night and Tuesday night. I wasn't crazy about Monday night so I didn't take a picture of it. My husband, on the other hand said it was "amazing". So if he wants to remake it and take a picture I'll leave that up to him!

Anyway the top picture is of the Tuna Casserole and the lower one is the Vegetable-Tofu Stirfry. Hubby really liked the potato chips on top, personally I wasn't crazy for them but I'll leave that up to you all to decide for yourself :).

Tuna Casserole Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 Cup GF Rotini (I use Tinkyada Spirals)
2 Tbsp Margarine
1 medium onion, diced
1 Tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
1 (6 oz) can Tuna (170g - I use Clover Leaf Skip Jack - lower mercury)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese (I use Philadelphia)
2 cups 2% Milk
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 cups crushed regular potato chips
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use medium Black Diamond)

Directions:

1) Boil Water for Pasta.

2) Preheat oven to 400F.

3) Grease a shallow casserole dish.

4) Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.

5) Drain water from tuna into a small bowl. Whisk cornstarch into tuna water until smooth. Set aside.

6) Stir cream cheese into skillet and cook until melted. Add milk and reserved tuna water. Stirring, bring just to a boil and remove from heat.

7) Mix in peas and tuna, separating tuna into bite size flakes.

8) Stirring frequently, boil pasta for 5 minutes or until al dente. Don't over cook.

9) Drain pasta, and rinse.

10) Toss with sauce and season to taste.

11) Pour into casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.

12) Top with potato chips & cheddar cheese and bake 10 minutes more, or until bubbly around the edges.

13) Enjoy!


Vegetable-Tofu Stirfry
Ingredients:
1/3 Cup water
4 Tsp Tamari (Koyo Wheat Free Tamari)
2 Tsp cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (Glutino)
1 package (10-1/2 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained (Mori-nu silken tofu)
3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
2 cups dollar sliced carrots
1 green pepper
1/4 cup snow peas
1 head broccoli, chopped
4 cups hot cooked rice

Directions:
1) Combine Water, soy sauce, cornstarch, and bouillion granules in a small bowl. Press tofu lightly between paper towels; cut into 3/4 inch squares.

2) Grease a wok or large skillet with olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoon oil. Add vegetables. Stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add cornstarch mixture; stir fry about 1 minute or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in tofu. Cover; cook about 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment