Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chili

So I was looking for something particularly easy to throw together for dinner and possibly end up with some left overs since I'm not really getting too far with the freezer dinners for after the baby is born.

So I decided to use my normal recipe for Chili and double it to freeze some. Anyway it's super easy and very good!

Obviously everyone prefers their chili at a different degree of spicyness so I'll include what I use but feel free to modify the spices when you make it for yourself! :) Bear in mind I'm very anti-spicyness right now with being pregnant. :) So, here is my chili recipe. . .

Chili
1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/2 of 1 - 500ml Knorr Red Pepper & Tomato Soup (this is currently gf but always check labels)
1 - 19oz (540ml) Can Lentils
1 - 19 oz (540ml) Can Kidney Beans
1/2 796ml Can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder (or as desired)
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder (or as desired)

1) Brown lean ground beef and drain.
2) Stir in Soup, Lentils, Kidney beans, and Diced Tomatoes to ground beef.
3) Heat until cooked through.
4) Season with garlic and chili powder, stir.
5) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment