Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Meatloaf

So the other night my husband is on his way home and he calls and says "what are we having for dinner?" Honestly I didn't know so I poked my head into the fridge, like so many of us do, and saw some gluten free bread and a pound of ground beef and decided on meatloaf.

I didn't have a recipe for this though so it ended up being a whatever we have kind of thing so bear with me on the directions! I felt it was a bit too moist in the end so I'm suggesting a cooking time of 1 hour instead of the 45 minutes we cooked it for. Otherwise it turned out really well and very yummy! Good Luck and Enjoy!

Meatloaf

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup Alterna Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Natur-a Original Rice milk
  • 1 Large egg
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup Green Peppers, Chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • 3/4 cup GF Spaghetti Sauce (We used Prego - Read your label!)
  • 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
1) Mix bread crumbs with milk.
2) Beat egg and add to bread mixture.
3) Mix in chopped onion and green peppers.
4) Add Spaghetti Sauce and meat gradually to blend all together.
5) Season with salt and pepper.
6) Place in a 1.5 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until cooked through.
7) Top with Mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for another 2 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted!
8) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! When I was diagnosed, the meat just seemed so bland without those bread crumbs. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making meatloaf tonight and I am scared! It's my first time ever...let alone a gluten free meatloaf...so we shall see. I also got all creative with trying to hide veggies in it...good Lord...thankfully I have a very understanding hubby! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete