Tuesday, January 18, 2011

$100 Challenge - Week 2

Last week we spent a grand total of $54.85.

The breakdown:
$13.55 - Sobeys
- Ketchup 3.00
- Cheddar Cheese 6.49
- Ground Turkey 4.00

$14.75 - McDonald's :P
Meals for 2 people

$26.55 - Metro
- Pork rib Chops 4.79
- Nature's Path Cereal (gf) 4.29
- Select Cereal 3.29
- Kraft BBQ Sauce 2.49
- Cheddar Cheese 7.99
- 18 pack of eggs 3.59

So we had a slip up this week and ended up at McDonald's but despite that we still came out spending only $54.85 after taxes and purchasing plastic bags for 0.05 a piece.

We spent Monday and Tuesday at my parents' place this week because of issues with our apartment building once again. This helped us out with our food bills but not so much with our gas bills. Luckily they're only about a 15 minute drive from our house.

Unfortunately I was so busy last week that I really didn't write down what we ate. However, I know we did eat turkey burgers one night with potatoes.

I'm trying to keep better tabs on what we eat this week so I can report what we've been eating for your enjoyment!

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment